Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just Beachy, Thanks for Asking




Last week Mabel and I went to Annapolis to visit my friend Amy and her daughter Olivia. Amy and I used to work together and we try to hang out once a month or so. This time we all went to Matapeake Beach, on Kent Island just over the Bay Bridge. It was a gorgeous day - mid-80s, no humidity and a light breeze. (This was a nice contrast to the rest of the weekend which was in the 90s and humid and disgusting.) We had a ball at the beach - it was Mabel's first visit and she loved it. Although I had to do a fair amount of hovering to make sure she didn't eat any of the little rocks that were everywhere. I wasn't as concerned with whether she ate the sand, though, and by the end of the day she had a lovely sand moustache + goatee to show for a hard day's work.

No comments: