Sunday, December 7, 2008

Close, But Not Quite





My well-orchestrated plan to get Mabel's picture taken with Santa this weekend did not quite go as planned. Which is shocking, considering how easy it is to get babies to bend to your schedule. We did make it over to the holiday bazaar at her 'school', and even managed to get Robin and Aidan to come with us, but by the time we got there Santa was just about done for the day and Mabel was on the brink, since it was really, really time for her nap. As you will see from the picture above - this is her when we got home and I laid her down on her changing table.

So we spent the afternoon hanging out on the floor and logged some good tummy time, and also played with the bear Grandma Sandy gave Mabel for her baptism. If you look very close you will see the Episcopal Church shield on the bear's vest. Very smart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I have never left a comment on a blog before so maybe I am doing it wrong or too soon revealing my giant inner dork.

I love this blog. It makes parenthood seem so orderly and easy (it's clear that I have no clue). BunBun is great...my friend Kristen always had rabbits growing up and she still calls them bun-buns. Now I've taken to calling Cleo, one of my cats, bun-bun because it's so much fun to say. Also, honey bunny.

Ade